Connected Health & Performance UNLIMITED | PT Near Me
At Connected Health, our partnership with Performance Unlimited allows us to seamlessly coordinate their care with physical therapists to develop a tailored plan.
Though it's often associated with athletes, physical therapy can be beneficial for anyone experiencing pain or restricted movement. By helping patients regain physical function and manage pain, physical therapy can greatly improve their quality of life.
When integrated into primary care, physical therapy can provide a more comprehensive approach to healthcare. Studies (opens in a new tab)have shown that patients who receive physical therapy in addition to primary care have better outcomes and require less physical medicine or pain medication than those who receive primary care alone. At Connected Health, our partnership with Performance UNLIMITED allows us to seamlessly coordinate their care with physical therapists and develop a tailored plan that meets their unique needs and health goals.
So whether you're an athlete looking to prevent injuries or someone dealing with chronic pain, patients of both Connected Health and Performance UNLIMITED can receive comprehensive care from experienced health professionals to find pain relief and get back to their daily life.
What Is Physical Therapy?
Physical therapy is a type of rehabilitation that uses exercises and other techniques to improve movement, relieve pain, and prevent or reverse physical impairments. Physical therapists are healthcare professionals who work with patients of all ages to restore physical function, develop strength, and improve their range of motion following an injury or surgery. Physical therapists may also help manage chronic conditions such as arthritis and diabetes.
The main goal of physical therapy is to help patients regain their independence and quality of life by improving their mobility and reducing their pain. Physical therapists achieve this by working to develop individualized treatment plans that include different types of physical therapy, such as:
- Manual Therapy - This type of physical therapy uses hands-on techniques to relieve pain and improve mobility. Manual therapy can be used to treat a wide variety of conditions, including back pain, neck pain, and joint pain.
- Light Therapy - Light therapy, also called phototherapy, uses different types of light to relieve pain and promote healing. Light therapy can be used to treat conditions such as arthritis, back pain, and cerebral palsy.
- Exercises - Physical therapists will often prescribe exercises to their patients as part of their treatment plan. Exercises can help to improve strength, flexibility, and range of motion. They may also help to reduce pain and prevent further injury.
- Stretches - Stretching is another common physical therapy treatment. Stretching can help to improve flexibility and range of motion, and may also help to reduce pain.
- Heat/cold therapy - Heat therapy is used to improve circulation and relax muscles to encourage muscle recovery. Cold therapy is used to decrease inflammation during the initial phase of an injury.
- Electrical stimulation - Electrical stimulation, also referred to as electrotherapy, is used to interrupt pain receptors around the injury to help decrease pain. This can be useful for managing neurological conditions such as cerebral palsy, or a brain injury caused by a stroke.
- Sports physical therapy - Sports physical therapy is a type of physical therapy that is specifically designed to help athletes recover from sports injuries. Sports physical therapists work with athletes of all levels, from amateur to professional, and can help them return to their sport safely and effectively.
Physical therapy provides many benefits for those struggling with a variety of injuries and conditions. When other treatments have failed, or balance disorders or movement disorders make other treatments difficult to perform, physical therapy can be an effective solution. In addition, physical therapists can provide patients with the Assistive Devices they need to regain their mobility and independence, like a cane or crutches. Physical therapy is an important treatment option that patients should have access to through their primary care providers.
Why Should Physical Therapy Be Integrated With Primary Care?
By integrating physical therapy into primary care, we can provide rehabilitation services to a wider range of patients. For instance, patients who have had knee surgery or joint replacement treatments can receive physical therapy at their healthcare provider’s office, rather than having to travel to far away rehabilitation centers. This can reduce the time and cost of rehabilitation, as well as make it more convenient for patients.
In addition, by providing physical therapy services in primary care settings, we can reach patient populations that might not otherwise have access to rehabilitation services. For example, older adults who live in rural areas or have transportation issues can receive physical therapy treatment right in the Connected Health building. The integration of physical therapy with primary care helps us to make a big difference in the quality of life of our valued patients.
Physical therapy helps patients regain their physical strength and mobility while improving their ability to perform daily tasks and enjoy life. If you are looking for a way to decrease pain and improve your overall health, ask your primary care provider at Connected Health about starting physical therapy with our Performance UNLIMITED partners. Our team of specialists will create a unique treatment plan to help you reach your goals.
Connected Health in Wexford, Pennsylvania is a concierge primary medicine practice that believes strongly in putting the focus back on the patient. We connect our patients not just with physicians, but also with pharmacists, personal trainers, and registered nutritionists. If you’d like to learn more about our concierge care services or want to explore your membership options, give us a call at (724) 933-4300. You can also book an appointment online!