Difference between Concierge Medicine & Traditional Primary Care
At Connected Health, we want you to put your health first and receive the best care you can. Book an appointment with our concierge doctor serving Wexford, PA.
With so many health risks these days, most people are aware of how important it is to have a primary care physician. However, not everyone knows the difference between traditional primary care and concierge medicine. When it comes to your health, you have to choose the best option for you and your family. That's why it's necessary to be aware of your options when deciding between traditional primary care providers and concierge doctors.
To help you with this decision, we've outlined everything you need to know about concierge medicine and traditional primary care, and why it might be time to find a concierge doctor.
What Is Traditional Primary Care?
The traditional primary care model is the most common type of healthcare in the United States, and it includes family doctors, internists, and pediatricians. In addition to traditional primary care doctors, there are also nurse practitioners and physician assistants who provide primary care services.
Traditional primary care is usually covered by health insurance plans, and you can often find these physicians in a hospital or clinic setting. They provide a wide range of medical services, from preventive care to reactive treatment and chronic condition management, for a large number of patients.
Traditional primary care doctors also provide urgent care services for patients who need immediate attention. Urgent care services are shorter in length than traditional office visits and are seen on a first-come, first-serve basis. Patients can wait to be seen for problems that are not life-threatening but still need to be addressed within 24 hours.
Traditional primary care can be a good option for people who have a regular doctor that they see for routine check-ups and minor health concerns. It can also be a good option for people who need urgent care services on occasion. However, there are some downsides to traditional primary care, such as long wait times and difficulty getting in to see your doctor for continuous care. Traditional primary care doctors often have a large number of patients and may not be able to give you the individualized attention that you need.
What Is Concierge Medicine?
Concierge medicine is a type of primary care that is becoming increasingly popular in the United States. In concierge medicine, patients pay an annual membership fee to their doctor in exchange for enhanced access to care.
With concierge medicine, patients have a direct line of communication with their concierge primary care doctor and can often get same-day or next-day appointments. Concierge doctors take on fewer patients so they can have more time to spend with each patient, allowing them to provide more comprehensive care.
In addition to enhanced access and improved communication, concierge medicine patients also often receive additional services, such as annual physicals, health risk assessments, and nutritional counseling. Some concierge medicine practices also offer on-site lab testing and imaging services.
Concierge medicine offers a different approach to healthcare that provides more personalized, accessible care. Concierge doctors provide more frequent, longer appointments to their patients and focus on preventive care versus reactive care.
Why Should I Choose Concierge Medicine?
Concierge medicine is an ideal option for patients who want improved access to their doctor and more comprehensive care. It can also be a superior option for people who want to avoid the long wait times and difficulty accessing their doctor which is often associated with traditional primary care.
Some of the benefits patients love about concierge care include:
- An improved doctor-patient relationship - Concierge doctors spend time getting to know their patients so they can provide unique, individualized care.
- Concierge practices guarantee appointments - You will never have to wait weeks or even months to see your doctor. In most cases, you can get an appointment within 24 hours and receive direct primary care from your concierge physician.
- Concierge doctors dedicate time to their patients - With concierge care, appointments are longer so you can have all the time you need to discuss your health concerns with your doctor. You will never feel rushed during an appointment and can rest assured that your voice is heard.
- A strong focus on preventive care - Concierge medicine physicians focus on preventive care rather than reactive care. This is essential in helping you avoid serious health problems down the road. At Connected Health, we offer preventive services like annual and quarterly health exams which include ADHD & Depression screenings, blood work, specialized health screenings, and women's and men's healthcare.
- Concierge medicine offers additional services - In addition to primary care, many concierge practices offer additional services for your health and wellness. At Connected Health, we offer additional wellness services such as complimentary gym access, on-site pharmacy membership, travel consultations, nutritional consultations, massage therapy sessions, personal training consultations, and physical therapy consultations.
Living such busy lives, we often put our health on the back burner and visit traditional primary care providers who offer mainstream, impersonal experiences. At Connected Health, we want you to put your health first and receive the best care you can. Our concierge doctors can guarantee personalized, accessible, one-on-one concierge care that focuses directly on you as an individual. If you are ready to prioritize your health, schedule an appointment with a concierge doctor at Connected Health.
Connected Health in Wexford, Pennsylvania is a concierge primary medicine practice that believes strongly in putting the focus back on the patient. We connect our patients not just with physicians, but also with pharmacists, personal trainers, and registered nutritionists. If you’d like to learn more about our concierge care services or want to explore your membership options, give us a call at (724) 933-4300. You can also book an appointment online!